A number of people have asked us how to transfer their Econet airtime to another number.
Many have said that a method they used to rely on (sending a message to 31117) doesn’t work anymore. Other have complained that they are asked for a pin when they use the new method *111#.
For the sake of simplicity, we show here how to easily transfer airtime if you’re an Econet subscriber.
First, you are required to create what Econet calls a Self Care account before you’re able to start transferring airtime.
These are the steps to create the account:
- Dial *111#
- Select Option 1: My Account
- Follow prompts to create a 4-digit pin. You will need that pin whenever you are transferring airtime.
These are the steps to transfer the airtime:
- 250Dial *111#
- You will see the menu below. Select option 3. Transfer Airtime
- You will now be asked for that pin you chose above. Enter it
- After tapping on “send” you will be asked to enter the receiving number.
- Next you will then enter the amount of airtime to be transferred. Note that the minimum amount of airtime to be transferred is $1. There’s also a daily maximum limit.